Income Protection for Tradesmen and Self Employed
Income protection or income protection replacement insurance is a policy designed to payout a specified monthly benefit in the event of you being unable to work due to disability or accident or sickness.
We can offer you a quote from a Friendly Society, rather than a general insurance company as they are generally more competitive for Class 3 and 4 occupations such as builders, mechanics, gardeners, welders, plumbers, electricians etc.
Also includes professional specialist occupations such as dentists and surgeons.
Own occupation cover available.
We have a great range of products to suit your individual circumstances.
Income Protection Product Features from a Friendly Society
- You choose the deferred period to suit your needs, this ranges between 4 and 52 weeks. Back to day one cover available
- Insurance provides an income commencing after a deferred period for a person who is unable to work due to sickness or injury.
- The policy has a fixed term, usually to retirement age of 60 or 65.
- The policy, when in place, is permanent. The premiums cannot increase (unless a reviewable premium is chosen).
- There is a maximum insured income limit based on several factors. Please contact us for your specific situation.
- The benefits can be level or increase at a fixed amount.
- Premium rates are not usually occupation based.
- Maximum income typically up to 60% of your earned income